Plan to join your colleagues in beautiful Boston for the 2017 AAR & SBL Annual Meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions - Annual Meeting
1) I haven’t received any information about the Annual Meeting.
2) I don’t know my Member ID. I want to register for the Meeting, please help me find it.
4) Why do I have to be a member of AAR to register?
5) I need to establish a new membership so that I can register for the Annual Meeting. Can you give me an ID number so that I can register for the Annual Meeting immediately?
6) My membership has lapsed and I want to renew so that I can register for the Annual Meeting now. Once I renew, can I immediately register for the meeting?
7) Can I register by phone?
8) I’m a program unit chair, reviewer, past president, or board member. Don’t I register separately?
9) When does registration close?
10) What is included in my registration fee?
11) How can I get a receipt for my Annual Meeting registration?
12) I’ve registered and I can’t attend the Annual Meeting, can I get a refund for my registration fee?
13) What is the closest airport?
The closest airport is the San Antonio International Airport (SAT). For information on ground transportation options, please click here.
14) What is the headquarters hotel for the Annual Meeting?
There isn’t one specific headquarters hotel this year. Registration, the Exhibit Hall, and the Employment Center will be held in the San Antonio Convention Center. Sessions will be held in the San Antonio Convention Center, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency Riverwalk, Hilton Palacio del Rio, Marriott Rivercenter, and the Marriott Riverwalk.
15) What is the physical address of the facilities?
16) Will there be a shuttle?
17) When are the first and last sessions at the Annual Meeting?
The AAR Annual Meeting program sessions begin on Saturday, November 19 at 9:00 AM (9.00h) and end on Tuesday, November 22 at 12:00 PM (12.00h). Pre-conference meetings hosted by the AAR and other organizations may begin as early as Wednesday. Please check the online Program Book for more information.
18) What are the dates of the sessions?
Full program schedule and descriptions are available July 15 in the online Program Book.
Onsite Registration & Exhibit Hours
A name badge is required to enter all sessions and the exhibit hall.
19) I'm coming from outside the U.S.; is there anything I should know?
20) What is the dress code?
21) Will there be a coat check?
22) Is there Internet access?
23) What is provided with registration?
24) I have a special diet
25) I have a disability or other mobility limitations. Can AAR provide an ADA-compliant hotel room and/or provide housing that is close to most Annual Meeting event locations?
Yes. Please indicate your specific need at the time of registration on the housing page. You can find more information about Annual Meeting accessibility and other commonly requested accommodations here.
26) I have a disability or other situation that requires accommodation to attend or present at the Annual Meeting. How can I make these arrangements?
AAR has information available here about Annual Meeting accessibility and other commonly requested accommodations. For specific requests, or for more information, please contact Robert Puckett at 404-727-1461 or at email@example.com.
27) I want to bring my children to the Annual Meeting. Will child care be available?
Yes. There is a nominal hourly fee. More information can be found here.
28) I need info about the Employment Center. Where should I go?
Employment Center Website, or contact Amy Yandell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-727-2286.
29) I want to host an event at the contracted hotels. What do I do?
Visit the Additional Meetings page for policies, rates, deadlines, and a link to the additional meeting request form.
30) What are the various Annual Meeting program units?
A list of all Annual Meeting program units, along with contact information for their chairs, can be found via the Program Unit Types page.
31) How many sessions may a Program Unit have at the Annual Meeting?
This varies for the sections (5) and groups (1–4). Seminars may have one session. Sections and groups may each receive one additional session if they co-sponsor a session with another unit. Seminars are exempt from this bonus session.
32) I haven’t received my Program Planner. What’s wrong?
We are no longer printing a Program Planner. We will be mailing a full Annual Meetings Program Book (with all AAR, SBL, and Additional Meetings session information, including room locations) to everyone who has registered for the meeting before August 28, 2016, and indicated that you require one on your registration form. If you do not register and opt in for the Annual Meeting by August 28, you will not receive a Program Book in the mail. Program Books will only be available for those onsite that registered after August 28. The program info is available and searchable in the online Program Book.
33) There was a mis-print in the Program Book, who should I contact?
Robert Puckett, at email@example.com, with your name, institution, the misprint, and the session number (A#). Session numbers can also be found in the online Program Book.
34) I need to know when my session will be. Can you tell me now?
Unfortunately not, final program information will be available online by July 15.
35) When will the Program Books be mailed?
The full Program Book will be mailed in early October. Check for more details on sessions in the online Program Book.
36) How will I receive my name badge?
If you have registered by the September 15, 2016 deadline, you should receive it in the mail. Those who register September 16 and after will have to pick one up onsite. If you registered by September 15 and did not receive it, you will have to pick one up onsite.
37) I just want to talk to a human being; how can I do that?
Please call the AAR at 1-404-727-3049. You can confirm the AAR’s hours of operation under the “Office Hours” on the Contact Us page.