Applicants must meet the qualifications and AAR membership eligibility requirements.
Applicants must submit their application form and required materials through the online AAR grant application submission system.
Late, emailed, or incomplete application or materials cannot be accepted.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required materials, all of which should be compiled into a single document in PDF or Word format:
- Cover page that includes:
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's institutional affiliation (if applicable)
- Project title
- Grant type
- Requested grant amount (USD)
- Abstract - 50 words or fewer describing the project
- Two-Page Focused Project Description
- Description of the research project with details about the aims and significance, and explanation about how the award would be used
- Project budget
- Budget items with amounts; explanation of these expense items may be included in the two-page description of the project
- Other sources of support—e.g., funds granted by your institution, funds requested from outside agencies—and indicate the total award amount sought from the AAR
- Curriculum Vitae
Additional materials cannot be accepted.