Summer Seminars on Theologies of Religious Pluralism and Comparative Theology
The primary goals of the Summer Seminars in TRP and Comparative Theology are to provide theological educators:
- A substantive introduction to the best in current scholarship and teaching resources in the areas of TRP and comparative theology;
- An opportunity to engage in an interreligious conversation about the meaning of religious diversity;
- An opportunity to bring their own specific areas of research expertise into conversation with TRP and comparative theology;
- Support in developing teaching resources, syllabi, and other programming appropriate to the particular needs of their home institutions;
- An opportunity to disseminate their learning by means of publication or other appropriate media; and
- A cohort of scholar-teachers who can support each other in their own ongoing scholarly and teaching development in the areas of TRP and comparative theology.
It is our hope that these seminars will increase the number of theological educators who can teach in the areas of TRP and comparative theology in a variety of institutions in which theological education takes place.