Student Ambassadors for International Scholars at the Annual Meeting
Deadline: August 6, 2010
The student ambassador will serve as a resource to the eleven invited international scholars from Australia/Oceania who are participating in the 2010 AAR Annual Meeting in Atlanta.
The International Connections Committee (ICC) would like to match a scholar and student who have similar research and academic interests. The ICC feels this would enhance the experience for the student by providing a networking opportunity.
The student ambassador's role and responsibilites include:
- currently living in Atlanta or previously resided in the area;
- provide a cell phone number to the scholar during the conference to be available for questions;
- available a maximum of 2–3 hours per day — the remaining time the student is free to participate in the Annual Meeting;
- greet the scholar at the Atlanta airport, if possible;
- ensure the scholar receives meeting materials, including badge, program book and tote bag;
- join the scholar at the international members breakfast.
The Annual Meeting registration fee will be waived for student ambassadors.
To apply, please complete this brief form. The deadline for applying is August 6, 2010.
For questions, please contact Margaret Jenkins at email@example.com or 1-404-727-7928.